Table of Contents
- What is LYP’s Urban Living Tour?
- How does this year’s Urban Living Tour differ from last year’s?
- Unique Experiences to Be Had
- The Need-to-Know Details About the Event
- Now That You Know the Details, It’s Time to Share!
1) What is LYP’s Urban Living Tour?
The 2018 Urban Living Tour is a self-guided, walking tour that showcases local homes and businesses in the Downtown Lancaster City area. This year, the tour will begin near the center of the city at Binns Park, where eager tour-goers can check into the tour; receive their city-wide, custom-made map to act as their navigator through the numerous tour stops; and begin their journey through the spectacles, holes-in-the-wall, and beautiful spaces and places that Downtown Lancaster City has to offer.
The tour stops begin in the Northern end of Downtown, then, swing east towards East Lancaster neighborhoods, and then, end with a centrally-located happy hour at The Federal Taphouse, kicking off at 4:00PM.
2) How does this year’s Urban Living Tour differ from last year’s?
If you went to last year’s LYP Urban Living Tour, you know that you’re in for a treat this year, as you traverse Downtown Lancaster City’s residential landscape once more. The primary focus of last year’s Urban Living Tour was on exploring and understanding what normal homes in Downtown Lancaster City looked like.
This year’s 2018 Urban Living Tour has a whole extra layer of cultural goodness to share with tour-goers, as approximately twenty local businesses have been added as tour stops this year. What’s more is that these businesses will offer discounts to attendees! When you arrive at a tour stop that is a business, simply show them your wristband, which you will receive upon check-in, and they will know to discount your purchases. To make this tour even more pleasurable, we have tightened up the route to make it more walkable and light-hearted for tour participants.
2.1) Unique Experiences to Be Had
This expansion of the Urban Living Tour includes stops at various local businesses. Here are a just a few of plenty things to do on the tour:
- Grab a cup of homemade Cookie Dough at Dough and Co.,
- Sip refreshing, and, more importantly, FREE iced tea samples at The Spice and Tea Exchange,
- Peruse the many discounts at Foxduck or Ellicott & Co.,
- Stroll through charming boutiques with delightful discounts, such as Sophie Stargazer and Telltale Dress,
- Cool off with deliciously chilled and hand-rolled ice cream at Rolled Cold Creamery, and
- Savor the crisp taste of a satisfying beverage at Molly’s Pub.
2.2) Special Drink and Food Offerings You Don’t Want to Miss
Auntie Anne’s will give out free samples at The Common Wheel’s new location on North Queen Street (See a map and details below under the headings “The Need-to-Know Details About the Event” > “Where” > “Auntie Anne’s Give Away”). They’re also handing out free pretzel cards for the first 100 guests that check in for the tour.
There will also be an “End-of-Tour Happy Hour” at The Federal Taphouse, where tour participants can enjoy $2.00 drink specials from 4:00-5:00PM and a 10% discount on all food purchases, starting at 4:00PM and continuing throughout the duration of the evening.
So, before you pack up your bags and head out on this Lancastrian adventure with us, make sure you’re aware of these MUST-KNOW, hot-off-the-press, 2018 Urban Living Tour details!
3) The Need-to-Know Details About the Event
Let’s start off with an easy-to-digest breakdown of the event details:
Do you wish to saunter through cozy Downtown Lancaster City homes?
Have you been waiting for the perfect day to reap the rewards of numerous discounts from local City favorites all at once?
Then, that means YOU should join our tour!
EVERYONE is welcome!
The Lancaster Young Professionals’ 3rd Annual 2018 Urban Living Tour
Tour-goers and volunteers should arrive at Binns Park in Downtown Lancaster to check in and pick up their LYP custom-made, city-wide map of Lancaster City.
CHECK-IN | Binns Park
AUNTIE ANNE’s GIVE AWAY | The Common Wheel (New Location!)
END-OF-TOUR HAPPY HOUR | The Federal Taphouse
Saturday, May 12, 2018 (Rain or shine)
- 9:30AM | Check-In Opens
- 10:00AM – 4:00PM | Urban Living Tour Takes Place
- 4:00PM – Onward
- 4:00PM – Close
- End-of-Tour Happy Hour takes place
- Tour participants can enjoy 10% off food throughout the duration of the evening.
- 4:00 – 5:00PM | LYP will give one FREE drink ticket to all tour-goers at the Happy Hour, redeemable for one of the $2.00 drink specials that The Federal Taphouse will have available for all tour participants to purchase.
- 4:00PM – Close
To show everyone who attends the tour how wonderful it is to live, do business, shop, relax, and enjoy life in Downtown Lancaster City–truly a wonderful place to call home!
3.6) HOW TO ATTEND THE EVENT | Tickets are only $22!
We warmly welcome
anyone and everyone
who wishes to join the tour–
LYP Member or not!
Purchase tickets now for only $22!
Buy them here before they’re gone.
Tickets won’t be available for purchase the day of the event.
A portion of all ticket sales will benefit Clare House Lancaster.
3.7) HOW TO VOLUNTEER AT THE EVENT
Sign up to volunteer with us here.
- We have a limited number of volunteer spots open to give back at this powerful, city-wide event. Make sure you secure your spot as a volunteer before it’s too late!
3.8) HOW THIS EVENT WAS MADE POSSIBLE
LYP couldn’t have made this event possible without the support of our wonderful Urban Living Tour sponsors:
- BB&T Home Mortgage, who is, for the second year in a row, a major sponsor,
4) Now That You Know the Details, It’s Time to Share!
Now that your arsenal is full of 2018 Urban Living Tour golden nuggets, it’s time to share the good news with your friends and tell them you’ll be there!
Share the event and respond as “Going” on Facebook!
Share the event on Instagram!
Share the event LinkedIn!
Blog Author: Mary Barba
Board at Large, Lancaster Young Professionals
Principal, Barba Digital Solutions LLC
Mary Barba is the Principal at her firm Barba Digital Solutions LLC, which offers B2B digital marketing services. Mary earned her Bachelor of Science from Drexel University in Philadelphia in 2015. Now, as the newest member of the Master of Science online program in Digital Marketing at the Digital Marketing Institute located in Ireland, Mary strives to offer her clients and the Lancaster Young Professionals more powerful digital marketing strategies to meet their business objectives. As a Board Member at the Lancaster Young Professionals, Mary actively volunteers her time on the Marketing Committee (January 2018-Present) and Community Service Committee (March 2017-Present).
Content Contributor: Rob Meuse
Special Events Director, Lancaster Young Professionals
Commercial Banker, BB&T
Rob Meuse has been in commercial lending for several years and is currently a Commercial Banker with BB&T. Originally from the Boston area, he enjoys traveling back to New England often. He attended college at Stetson University in Deland, FL, where he earned his Bachelor’s degree and MBA. He has lived in Lancaster County since 2013 and enjoys golfing, watching football, and visiting local restaurants. Rob is also a Core Class member for Leadership Lancaster 2018.